Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro Please remove "Text Mesh Pro UGUI" icon from Scene View

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Peter77, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Could you please remove rendering of the Text Mesh Pro UGUI "T" icon, which appears in the Scene View? It makes designing and reading the UI in the Scene View more difficult. The regular UI Text doesn't have an icon in the Scene View.

upload_2020-4-21_8-53-35.png

While working on UI, I'm not that much interested in these "T" icons and basically just fighting with them.

Turning off the "Text Mesh Pro UGUI" Gizmo does not affect rendering of that "T" icon. I'm aware that I can turn off all icons using setting the "3D Icons" slider all the way to the left, but I'm only interested to hide the TMP icon.

upload_2020-4-21_8-57-2.png

Disabling the "TextMeshProUGUI" entry in the Gizmos dropdown only affects the Inspector. It causes all TextMeshProUGUI Components to be collapsed in the Inspector, which is even worse, because I need to change Component values.

If you could remove the "T" icon rendering from the Scene View, that would make working on UI nicer.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Why you don't like my icons ;)

All joking aside, it is a love / hate relationship with these.

Fortunately, you can disable them by clicking on the icons themselves as seen in the image below.

upload_2020-4-21_0-33-48.png

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

That's is embarrassing :) Glad it was that simple, thanks! I'm going to watch Unity Learning Tutorial #001 now...

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

We have all been there ... the real question is how long have you tolerated these cluttering your SceneView?

5. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Way too long! :oops:

6. wilhelm9218

wilhelm9218

Here I am in 2022 trying to teach myself Unity and this thread saved my sanity :D Thank you Stephan_B!

7. nandur

nandur

Developing in few recent years and now i need to turn this thing off, but you are good person to make it easier to toggle on and off. Thank you. +rep